Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Things from the garden

No, not a post about my weekend activities to clear leaves, weeds and old cigarette butts from the yard, but a reference to my old friend The Onion. Introduced to me by Nixta almost as soon as I got off the plane in Denver, it was the closest thing we could find over here to true sarcasm and wit (although we may not have been looking that hard, given we had the around the world network of losers to email).

So two articles popped out today that caught my attention. Is life really worth living? - it is by the way - I think they just screwed up the maths (or math for my american friends (and herb has an 'h' in in case you were wondering...)), and a long held belief that the Catholic Church wastes way too much money on stuff than giving it to the poor was finally confirmed here. Not that I want to get into any kind of religious debate at all, so I'll stop here.