Monday, May 30, 2005

It's been a great one (and it ain't over yet)

Holiday weekends are great - you wake up on Saturday morning, and realize you can waste the whole day away, and still have a full weekend. I didn't do that, but still, it's nice to think it.

The moving season being in full effect, that was the first order of the day. I think I freaked out the Thompson family by rocking up to their house at 8am - it would have been even better if I had turned up at the right house of course. Still, a phonecall, directions, a couple of quick blasts throught he streets of Parker, two wrong turns, and I was there. We managed to get a couple of truck loads of stuff moved (2 trucks had been done the night before), and then I had to bail before I snapped in half or froze in some weird position for the rest of my life. A hot bath and so much stretching it almost felt like exercise (which everyone knows I'm allergic too) sorted me out though. And their new house is great.

Jason and Fatima had a pretty good bbq as well. Two things were apparent though - the fact that I couldn't stop yawning despite only drinking (very large) vodka red bulls meant it was going to be an early finish for the Pattersons, and Kathy Lee can burp the loudest of any woman in the world (even without the beer).

The world (well, a few friends anyway) were invited to the Tonks Sunday Night Asian Feast - I guess not his usual order everything from the local, but a trip down to Changs to celebrate our birthdays (we still pretend we're 20 and can have a month long celebration) and the fact that we didn't have to get up for work today (although I'm typing this at 9.50 having been up for a couple of hours, so the lie in didn't quite work out as planned - however, this was for some fantastic and top secret news, which is still making me grin from ear to ear, so no complaints). It was good to get the gang back together again - seems like a while since we had a decent sized group like that out, and we even got a guest appearance from the ever elusive Mr Batty, who has been travelling and working the world in his efforts to repeat successful company startup number 1 with number 2. Now if I could get number 1 to be as successful as I think we've got a shot at, I'll be happy.

Today is block party bbq day if the weather holds off from pretending I'm back in England. The blow up castle will be out for the kids (and probably the adults after a couple of jacks) to bounce aorund and make themselves sick. It's going to be a good one......