Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Birthday Night

So once again, the wife excelled in keeping me completely in the dark over both where we were going on our "date night", and the fact that I had an extra present to open when we got there.

She sneaked me off here for dinner, where they served us the most tender steak I think I've ever had, delivered raw with a very hot stone to cook it on yourself. We also had something else (which I can't remember what it was called) which had lots of olives in, and also tasted pretty damn special. Apparently they had ran out of the best thing on the menu, but to be honest I can't imagine anything tasting better than the steak. Another trip there is definitely in the plans.

And then we sat down and another present appeared on the table, despite the fact that my remote control for the iPod I got in the morning had made me smile all day. Of course, it was spectacular. The whole night was planned out, so after dinner, we hit Best Buy and Circuit City to stock up on games and movies for my new toy, and then Cold Stone for dessert. A pretty perfect day all round, topped by the perfect evening.......