Thursday, July 21, 2005

It's a hot one!

I know everyone in England keeps telling me it's been warm back there, and they're having a heatwave, but here's the deal - I'm physically melting in Denver.

We had record temperatures yesterday, where the "official" temp was 105 - this is measured out at DIA for some reason (which seems to me to be a little weird, given DIA hasn't existed for all that long). Anyway, downtown, we had 109 (and apparently even got a mention on the news in Atlanta!).

So just to put this in perspective, when I went to bed last night at 10.30, it was still 82 degrees - I can't even remember a day in Newcastle when it hit 82 as the high! On the way home from work at 6, it was 97!!

I think we're going to have to start a fund for Heidi, so we can get her a new car with A/C in it. Although, having said that, this is probably the only time of year when she feels "warm"!