Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Dedication

I've done a few things in my time to make sure I get to see a game - called in sick to work, faked illness to the girlfriend (I won't go into the time the psycho ex locked me in her house so I couldn't get the train back for the Bank Holiday home match against Chelsea) etc etc. However, this one takes the biscuit.

Faking being low on fuel so you can land at an airport close to your countries game (and a U17 one at that) is pretty far out there, but what makes it even more ridiculous, is that it appears that it was the President of Gambia's plane. Can you imagine Blair or Bush creating an international incident to see a game? Well, actually, I can sort of see Blair doing it if we ever manage to get to a final of something.

CNN.com - Airliner fakes emergency so passengers can watch soccer game - Sep 21, 2005