Monday, October 10, 2005

The 25 People We Envy Most

Well, not we as in me and Heidi, but we as in Fortune Magazine. It makes a nice change to not list the richest people in the world (although admittedly, most of the people on this list are up there), but at least they come up with som other reasons. I especially liked the Paul Allen piece, pointing out that he did what all of us (well, definitely me anyway) dream of doing, which is striking gold, earning your millions (or billions) and having the good sense to walk away with it to go play. 3 huge yachts and a couple of sports teams - now that sounds like fun to me.

Hero of the list has to be Jonathan Ives though - not only has he designed all the really cool Apple stuff that I spend my hard earned wages on, he went to my University!!! Special mention for Jake Burton, who's early snowboarding video (magically attained by Mr Marshall when we were 14), led the two of us to cobble together some wood and fake footstraps and launch ourselves down the side of the Priory in Tynemouth, somehow hoping to learn to steer on the way down. Luckily, living in Denver now means I get to use proper equipment (real bindings and boots!), and get up to the real mountains as often as I can physically get my arse off the couch (so once or twice a season recently...)

The 25 People We Envy Most