Friday, October 07, 2005

Quick Roundup of Stuff

Been slacking a little in the posts, so here's a quick roundup of bits and pieces.

New Cayman S reviews are starting to come out now. Forbes one is here. It's obviously fantastic, but is it good enough to tempt me away from my 911 obsession (with the 4-wheel drive Denver combatibility advantage)? Time will only tell.

And what about the new Lotus Europa - I loved these cars back when I was a kid - seeing Mr Bond blasting around in one while recovering from Christmas lunch when I was 7 has me emotionally tied. And the fact that I was almost as tall as one of the originals was obviously a bonus!

Not much going on in the gadget world - a couple of new Nokia proof of concepts (one of which is further down the page). I think everyone is holding out for the Apple nwes next week (I really hope it's going to be good, as it's getting to hysteria levels on the web).

AOL went and bought Weblogs Inc - I just hope it doesn't affect (in a negative way) what these guys have been dishing out - I'm sort of addicted to a few of these sites (like TV Squad, Card Squad and Engadget). If only Card Squad could actually improve my poker game.

Tivo has been saving my life recently (and not just through catching the last minute schedule changes on FSC and recording my Newcastle game for me). New seasons on TV just mean you have too much to watch on any given night (especially when the wife is out of town on business), at least until you whittle down to what you actually think are good programs. Unfortunately, and purely through user error, I didn't tape the last episode of So you Think You Can Dance for my wife. I'm sorry baby. Despite not seeing the show, I can confidently predict that if one of the guys won, he probably won't be celebrating with a girlfriend...

And our company celebrated it's 2 year anniversary this week. It's been a blast so far, and hopefully will continue that way. We've come a long way, and hope to go much further (including toning down the green on our web page - I'm working on it, promise.....).

Have a great weekend!