Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cell Phone Choices

So it looks like we're finally getting off Sprint (Sprint Sux) and moving all our company phones over to Cingular (with the added benefit of Verizon data cards until the UMTS network rolls out on Cingular), so I have the usual dilemna. Which phone?

I've been keeping up to date with what's available on Cingular, and I'm torn. Do I go for the sensible work phone so I can have PDA like functions, get a cool picture phone, or something small and cheap to just work as a phone.

I thought I had it all sewn up, with the Motorola Razr seemingly and good compromise between all the difficult choices (made easier with the fact that we're skint at the minute, what with flights back to England, dishwasher, leak in the bathroom etc etc). I did briefly debate getting the Sony Ericsson P910a, the later version of my beloved P800 I got a few years ago, but given the cash situation, I decided against it.

Anyway, today Cingular threw a bit of a spanner in the works. It was a nice spanner, but nevertheless, still a spanner. The recently announced Sony Ericsson walkman phone (W600i, not the more expensive one) - I get a better cameraphone, PC and Outlook synching, better games, and the ability to obviously download a bit of music on it to listen to (oh, and an FM radio, which you don't seem to get much over here). And not everyone and their dog will have one of these.

Choices, choices, choices - any ideas anyone?