Thursday, November 17, 2005

CNN/Money: Most dangerous toys


How people keep there jobs sometimes intrigues me. There's a whole agency looking out for the safety of kids, at risk from "dangerous" toys. I understand the need for this, but when they come up with an item like the one above (it's a nice Lord of the Rings Crossbow), you wonder how you would expect it to not be dangerous. Isn't the fact that you're selling kids a crossbow indication enough that it's going to be a little dangerous? Or did someone out there believe when they dreamt up the toy, that it would turn out to be nice and safe? There's a nice paintball gun on the list as well...

This is obviously the perfect opportunity for the "when I was a boy" statements that kids hate to listen to (oh dear, just realized I've grown old), but I will resist. For now. Possibly.


CNN/Money: Most dangerous toys