Friday, December 09, 2005

Enspiria Moving Today

So two years after we started the company, and living the true start up life (working from home, meeting in people's houses, doing all-nighters on bids and proposals etc), we've outgrown our first office.

I haven't seen the inside of the new place yet (well, not our particular floor), but all my stuff is in boxes for the movers to come in today and pick it up. Rumo(u)r has it that I've got a decent view of the mountains and down I25, so it should be good. Not that I get to see it for a while. Back on the road trip to Atlanta again between now and (almost) the Christmas trip home, which probably rules me out of picking up the best chairs in all the confusion, unless I got for the stealth approach on Sunday to sneak in and nab one.

The new place is directly over the road from the old offices the majority of us used to occupy (before the evil French arrived to slowly suck the life from us all). This isn't a bad thing - reminds us all how bad it used to be, we know how long it takes to get to Chipolte (and never to go after 11.20 as you'll be standing in line for the next 40 minutes), and of course, provides the opportunity for revisiting the old haunt that is known as CB Potts. This place used to be a big part of my life (the Potts triangle involved the office, Potts, and the Jefferson apartments where a few (well, 10 or 15) of us used to live), and I'm pretty sure there were a number of occasions when we didn't venture out of this triangle for weeks on end. Potts was also the place where I met my beautiful wife, so it holds an extra special place in my heart (I love those Jack Daniels girls). Makes all those $1000 bar tabs worth it. If I can get Tonks to dig up one of the old ones he has, I'll see if I can get it posted up on here - it's a little on the scary side to look at now, but wasn't out of the ordinary in the old days.....