Thursday, December 29, 2005

Made it back


Christmas 05 053
Originally uploaded by Aaron in Denver.
Thought you might like a pic of my mother modelling her new Christmas Present. If you stay tuned for a day or two, I might post the other pic I have of her modelling some attractive speedo goggles.

Anyway, being back in England was great, but back in Denver now in time for New Year. Heading to Frisco again with the rest of the gang for a couple of small beverages. I did manage to fit in all the required foods, minus the kebab, so it was pretty successful on that front. However, the meeting up with friends task fell a little short - Nev was away, Mr Berry couldn't come out to play, and I didn't even get a chance to call Neil and Trev. Shocking, I know - it'll have to be fixed somehow soon.

So the weather was actually worse in Newcastle than Denver. Cold with freezing rain, sleet and snow in the last couple of days - the one Newcastle match I was home for got called off 20 minutes before it was due to start (and about 2 hours after I had decided I wasn't going to brave the weather). Luckily, Uncle Harry had just bought a nice new SUV with 4 wheel drive, and he kindly volunteered to take us up to the airport at some ridiculous hour this morning.

Anyway, it's getting late, and heading back to DIA at 5.30AM tomorrow morning with the in-laws, so I'll write more later in the week.