Monday, December 19, 2005

New week, new office, new gadgets

So the plan was to post a pic of my view in the office we just moved into, taken with my newly arrived and unpackaged phone. Unfortunately you'll have to make do with a spy shot of the new 911 Turbo, which the boys over at PistonHeads came up with.

The phone isn't activated yet due to a shortage of Audiovox phones which half the company ordered, so we're all on hold until they find some replacements for those guys. However, I did switch it on and take a pic, but the connectivity software doesn't want to play nice with my computer, so I couldn't work out how to manually copy the pic over onto my computer and upload it up (I have lost all of my techie skills over the course of the last 4 years - no longer developing has more than one downside).

Anyway, the office is great - half walls on the cubes so you're not as closed in, the most amazing view of the mountains that is only possible in Denver. I didn't realize it until I got here today, but we actually have the top floor of the building - not quite tall enough to see over the wall at the concert venue over the road, but still high enough to look over the tops of all the buildings between us and Mount Evans. Now if only I could all this work done in time, I could relax and enjoy the holidays...

UPDATE

Turns out I'm not quite as technically incapable as I thought - here's the view from the office window towards the North West. This is my worst view ;-) Direct West photograph to follow later in the week.