Friday, December 02, 2005

Paul English's Blog

I don't know the guy, but he was featured on CNN this morning. Apparently he spends all his time shopping, and finding out how to get through to real live people when you call their help numbers. This can definitely be handy given some of my experiences over the last couple of years.

One tip of my own - if you end up talking to that sleazy automated man (Simon I believe they've called him) on United, when you really just want to speak to someone, say "Agent", and it'll forward you through immediately. I only found this out after 50 attempts of him attempting to interpret my dodgy accent when saying my surname, giving up, and having the let the wife take the reigns (even my intepretation of my name in a heavy american accent only worked intermittently).

Paul English's Blog