Thursday, December 01, 2005

Phone choice made (and it's Orange)

Not the network, for you guys in the UK, but physically orange in colo(u)r.

Decided to splash out on something that I don't technically need, but given I seem to live my life on the road these days, a decent phone will definitely help me live a happy and productive life. Two main reasons I decided on this one - one work, one play. Work first - the talk and standby time on this thing is pretty amazing - 9 hours talk time, and then 400 hours standby (plus the added bonus of an e-mail client, although I'm not holding out for this actually working well). If any of you have ever been involved in a phone conversation with Tonks, you know you need as much battery as possible, and given we're working together on our current project (but typically have been in different states for the last month or two) these calls are somewhat frequent. Play reason was the camera - I know I'm sure to be disappointed with the quality, and still go out and buy a 'proper' one, but this has a 1.3 megapixel (thats the 1.3 million little dots of colour mother) camera built in, which I'll definitely use given my recent addiction to Flickr. In addition, I'll no longer be on Sprint (cheers can be heard from around the world), so uploading the pix I take should be fun, relatively free and painless.


Added bonus (of moving network, not just this phone) is that I'll once again enter into the true real world, not limited by the technical borders of Sprint, who for some reason seem to think that getting text messages from your brothers in the UK is not important enough to make possible. December 17th is our switchover date - if you see some wildly grinning, possibly drunk English guy taking a pic of you with an orange phone/camera, it might just be me.

Overview - - Mobile phone - Sony Ericsson W600 -