Monday, December 12, 2005

Poker Plunge

So after debating it for a while, I finally took the plunge and put some real money into a poker site. I'm going to try and never put any more money in ever. So I started off with 100 bucks over the weekend - I entered a couple of tournaments (I got one free entry for joining), played a few ring games (all while being very scared). I think the most I played for in the ring games was 50 cents, and then 5 bucks for entry into the ring games. And now, after playing on and off for a couple of days, I've somehow managed to triple my money! I'm sure it's beginners luck, and I'm trying to prepare myself for losing it all again, but 300 bucks now sits in my account, which is pretty exciting.

Given the incident at the airport today, which involved a can of coke exploding in the wife's handbag, I may need to pull all of the money out to purchase a new camera, iPod and phone. I sure hope Coke dries nice with electronics, but it's not looking good.