Monday, December 05, 2005

Snowboard Cap Hardens On Impact


Given that it's been so long since I've been boarding, I'm guessing that I'm either going to need one of these, or perhaps something like Mr Thompsons real snowboard helmet to get down the mountain without dying. The theory goes that as soon as you crash, the hat get's all excited (or is that hard, or are they the same thing? (sorry mother!)), and you're protected. But does it work?

I guess given the amount of early season snow we've had, there is the chance of a nice cushioned impact in 2 feet of powder, but that would probably involve getting up to the mountains before the Christmas break, which given my ridiculous travel schedule, combined with all round laziness, and the party scene we have going on at the minute (more kids parties and family stuff than any more of the one like below), it ain't going to happen.

Snowboard Cap Hardens On Impact - Gizmodo