Saturday, December 03, 2005

Weather forecasters in Colorado

I've never quite worked out if this is the easiest or the hardest job in the world. Basically, the weather changes so fast here that the chances of getting the forecast right on any given day is pretty tough. This means that although the weather makes up more than a reasonable amount of the news in Denver, the forecasters never get blamed when they get it completely wrong (like missing the storms that dump 3 feet of snow in a day or two...)

Which leads me to this morning - nothing out of the ordinary in yesterdays forecast, 3 inches of snow this morning. It was a good thing though - snow tires went on last Saturday just in case, and it seemed to keep the people away from the emmissions centre this morning, meaning a quick 10 minute trip for my little piece of paper to get my car legal again. Now I just have to find that empty car park and crank the torque all the way back on the car, and it'll keep me grinning for weeks 8-)

Works Christmas party tonight as well, so the hangover may well be of a significant nature tomorrow. Kathy is hosting (and already wins the best hostess in the world award for previous efforts involving huge chunks of steaks on the bbq), and my only contribution has been in providing a couple of web links to shot receipes, and filling her iPod up with some Christmas songs for playing tonight (is it technically legal to fill someones iPod up with mp3's of CD's you own, instead of being arsed to carry over 10 CD's?? - I might have to get Mr Bowman on the case for that one).