Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New 4 seater Aston

I guess tired of Bentley getting all the news with the Flying Spur release, and Porsche announcements of the Panamera or whatever its called, Aston fired back with the Aston Martin Rapide.

Basically a 4-seater version of the DB9, it's obviously gorgeous, and will come with the same engine, rated around 450 to 480 bhp.

Now that we're on an Aston theme, I was a little surprised when I went back home that a few of the magazines are no longer quite so loving of the V8 Vantage now that the post release hype is over. Evo were pretty critical of it in their Performance Car of the Year competition, but nicely gave it an out saying the blame could have lay with the different (stickier and firmer sidewalled) tires the car had been supplied to them with. The Clio Renaultsport Trophy, which I've talked about in the past, got another set of rave reviews - almost makes you want to go back home and buy one, even though (by UK prices anyway), it's one of the cheapest performance cars on the road. I might organize myself a test drive when I'm home, just so I can see for myself what all the fuss is about...

PistonHeads Headlines