Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Camera Details


As I've mentioned in earlier posts, we purchased a new camera last week. As you can see, it's very pretty - and a nice big screen on the back for viewing what you take. One of the best bits is the image stabalization stuff inside - helps if you have wobbly hands (like when I'm trying to drink at the same time for example).

The one thing I did notice yesterday when uploading the New Year pics into Flickr was the extra size of the files. Now that we've moved up from 2 to 6 megapixels, the file sizes are coming in around 3MB - great if you want to print off large pics, bad if you're trying to quickly load into Flickr. I think it took a good couple of hours for the pics yesterday, so I've changed the defaults in Flickr to cut down the size slightly.

Still learning what all the buttons on the back do (will probably take me a couple of years to work it all out), but the pictures so far have come out great.

Panasonic Model Details