Thursday, February 02, 2006

Apple's Tablet

I guess now that Apple is once again a big player in the world, people are trawling everywhere for signs of what will be their next product (I'm still hoping for the plasma tv with built in Mac in the back). A favourite spot is the patent sites, to see what market Apple has cornered before it's invented.

Latest is a series of inputs into a tablet - gestures, hand movements etc that control the computer. I think they've already patented some stuff around the tablet hardware (but I could be wrong). Anyway, it looks all nice, and Mr Ives is behind it, so you know it'll be pretty and work spectacularly well (did I mention we went to same Uni?? If only all the stuff I'd done over the years worked as well as an iPod...).

So, do we hold our breath until it comes out, or is this likely to be in a couple of years time? Just remember, the iPod wasn't the first mp3 player by a long shot - it was just the best (and prettiest).

And weren't the weird ahnd movements in front of a computer screen in that Tom Cruise sci-fi movie (the name escapes me, but it was the one when he had to have his eyeballs replaced to stop the police tracking his every move - Minority Report maybe?!?)

Apple's patented the Tablet Mac (part II) - Engadget