Thursday, February 23, 2006

Weekend Shopping



So it looks like I might manage to escape from work for a couple of hours this weekend to indulge myself in the first big purchase in a long time. We're finally emerging from the post-wedding debt, so I need my techie fix. Given I haven't actually purchased a TV since about 1998, that emerged as top of my list (although the new Macs were tempting, we can survive with what we've got for now).

So, totally out of touch with the world as far as what is good and bad in the world of plasmas (and trying to avoid putting LCD's into the mix to further confuse the equation), but been doing a little research to try and arm myself with information before I get sucked into the world of the Circuit City/Best Buy salesperson who knows less than me. And so far, it looks like this little number from Pioneer is winning the race. However, all of the Panasonic models also get great reviews (and look a little cheaper as well), so I might be swung in a totally new direction come Saturday afternoon. Stay tuned (and if you have an opinion, please let me know, coz this stuff is scary....)

Pioneer PDP-4360HD Reviews. Flat-panel and Plasma TVs Reviews by CNET.