Tuesday, March 21, 2006

HDTV shortage may force Euro viewers into pubs

Not that it would take much, as everyone knows...

Anyway, this is purely to gloat, as having to watch the crap quality of picture for the last 8 years of my existence (and forgetting how bad it was until I went home and watched some real telly), I now have the luxury of my 15 or so HD channels hooked up to the fancy tv in the bedroom. The thing is, the picture quality isn't actually going to be that big a jump back home, so even without the shortage, I can see people holding off on this for a good few years yet (and before I get complaints, I realize it's better, and it's widescreen, and there's more of those darn pixels in it, it's just UK tv quality was so much better than my cable box at home already).

HDTV shortage may force Euro viewers into pubs - Engadget