Sunday, March 19, 2006

Quick Update

OK - no posts for the majority of last week - a few thousand miles on planes, working til close to midnight every night, and no time for anything will do that to you. It was all pretty hectic, but survived, and ready for the next week ahead.

A quick update on stuff that's been going on. We had our first wedding anniversary this week, which was a blast. We stayed at The Sanctuary on Camelback down in Pheonix. In traditional fashion (after our cyclone experience on the honeymoon), we were in the desert for a rain storm... Still, that was just Sunday when we were flying back - Saturday was a slightly chilly but nice Spring day. Not what I was expecting, but it was all good.

Other things - I ordered the new car. The guys at HM Brown once again came to my rescue, and Dan over there found me a fully loaded M3 (and by fully I mean I think it's got every single option box checked) that was already in the country. It's on a trailer on its way into town as we speak (I think anyway, I had to jump on a plane Friday after saying yes), so should have it as some point this week. Interlagos blue and competition package are the main things, but sunroof, heated seats and navigation are probably the things that will keep the wife happiest. I'm just hoping the snow we're forecast for tonight is going to disappear, coz I don't want to have to go out and buy new wheels and snow tires before next winter. I need some time driving on those 19's 8-)

No word on the baby front from Sheri yet (although she did call on Saturday to wish us a Happy Anniversary and totally freaked out Heidi, who thought the baby was coming). Gareth had his birthday last week, and Meaghan's birthday is this week (along with father-in-law Ron) so a pretty busy time all round.

Think that's it - gotta go and see how Tony from The Sopranos is doing after gettign shot last week. I promise I'll try to get a couple more posts in this week (and no travel!!!!!)