Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I have taste

Well, not necessarily, but no-one can deny that I at least know a little about cars (obviously not as much as my brothers, but enough to make me dangerous, and broke of course).

So apparently there are some international awards for engines - they have awards for all sorts of crap these days - and my current engine (the 3.2 litre straight six in my M3) and my previous engine (2.5 litre boxer turbo in the STi) both won in their categories. What particularly impressed me was the fact that the M3 engine is now about 5 years old (maybe 6??), and it's still winning. Having spent this morning pushing the upper reaches of the rev range on my short 3 mile commute, I have to agree....

And my almost engine (from the Golf GTi, before I worked out I could afford the M3) also won as well. I guess this means my next car might have to be the M5?? Not likely (and definitely not until there's a manual option available).

Inside Line: BMW 5-Liter V10 Wins International Engine of the Year -