Friday, June 09, 2006

Mass Panic on a Friday Night

So I get home on Friday night, and some of the guys in the street come running down to tell me that the footie won't be on TV tomorrow morning!!! Of course, mass panic ensued, and I've just spent the last half an hour searching the program guides on TiVo and Comcast to try and get some sort of confirmation that the game was on. Of course, neither of them showed the game being broadcast, so it meant booting up the computer in a blind panic.

Luckily for me, I found the local channel had posted a well hidden confirmation that their earlier news reports were in fact wrong, and the game is going out live, on the normal channel and HD. I can relax now - guess I should be going to bed soon coz it starts at 7am. We just have to win now.

And if anyone fancies coming over for the Argentinian game at 1pm, feel free - one of the guys in the street used to live there, and has an Argentinian wife, so I've invited him down to give him a little gentle abuse when the Ivory Coast get a surprise win....

TheDenverChannel.com - Sports - Denver's 7 Will Air England-Paraguay Soccer Match