Thursday, July 13, 2006

Cingular Shows HBO

Cingular announced it would provide content from HBO on it's cell phones, which sort of interested me given I have both a Cingular phone, and HBO at home. It appears that there's an Entourage specialy made (or possibly just cut?) mini series, and they're also going to push out full episodes of this, as well as Sex and the City and a few others.

All very exciting I thought, given my company kindly pays for the unlimited data plan. Turns out that this isn't enough - you need to sign up for the medial plan (15 bucks) and then also for a specific HBO content option (another 5). Maybe I'm just being tight in my old age, but 20 bucks to watch streaming tv on my phone (which obviously won't work when you're most likely to watch it - on a plane). I'm going to stick with my PSP and movies and tv on the memory stick for now (King Kong saved my sanity in Atlanta airport last night).

Cingular announces HBO viewing