Monday, July 24, 2006

License Plate Magic

One of the cars taking part in this years Bullrun (another Cannonball Run/Gumball Rally type deal that one day I promise to enter) has attached some pretty nice technology to keep from giving away it's license plate to any interested parties as it flies around the country and some slightly illegal speed.

I'm sort of interested in all of this stuff every now and again. I have my Valentine One installed (and a very nice direct wire install it is, thanks to the wife hijacking the car for my birthday and getting the boys at CarToys to do some nice things to it). I also went and checked out the laser jammers they have, but it appears they're illegal in only 2 states, and one of them is Colorado. I need to do some more checking into this before I buy, coz the last thing I would need is a ticket when I'm not even speeding, but lasers do seem like they're becoming a little more common around these parts.

Anyway, here's the vid with a demo of the license (number) plate disappearing act...