Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Looks like we came back too early

Italy just beat the Germans in overtime, and the country is going crazy. Maybe we should have stayed a couple of extra weeks! I'm sure there'll be a huge party for the next few hours/days.

I'm hoping the final ends up being France v Italy - I can't stand to see Ronaldo and Portugal go all of the way after what went on on Saturday, so as much as I still hold a bit of a grudge against the French for previous work indiscretions in grinding a former company down in quite spectacular fashion (and of course all the invasions, lack of spirit in the two World War's etc etc), I'm compelled to at least semi support them tomorrow. Obviously I'm cheering for Italy on Sunday - I knew I should have picked up my Totti team top while I was there...