Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Marketing in the new world

So it seems that viral marketing is taking on new and interesting forms - not only do we have film and tv shows (as well as lots and lots of artists) with their own MySpace login, YouTube and others getting the latest pop video releases (I sound so old when I say "Pop Video" but how else do you say it? Music Video is sooo MTV).

Latest onto the bandwagon (technically no doubt not the latest, as this has been around for a few weeks now, so someone else will have done something noteworthy that I've not managed to find yet), is HP - they set up a fakish blog before the World Cup with some of the coolest footie (or should that be finger) skills, from people obviously at the top of their Subbutteo (sp?) game.

You can check out one of the links here - the others are all at www.fingerskilz.tv for you to look at, as well as the HP confession that they put this out there as a marketing do-dah.

On a related note, I must say I've enjoyed the Jay-Z ads being shown over here recently, but the chances of my next home computer being HP instead of a nice shiny new Mac are slim to non-existent....