Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Ravello (our new favorite place in the world)


Ravello town square
Originally uploaded by ebatty.
And more specifically, these seats in the town square, where we spent the majority of our time. (Thanks for the pic Pete!)

Life in Ravello was different to anything I've experienced in the hectic last few (or 20) years of my life - everyone seeming to be relaxed and friendly, nothing too urgent going on, and enjoying life to the full. It was definitely easy to get into the pace of life here, and just sit and people watch for hours in the cafe.

We did venture out and about, including a 1000 step and 3 mile trip to Amalfi on foot (I know, pretty unbelievable for me, it was almost like exercise). We also managed to fit in a trip to Pompeii (sp?), a quick tour of the coastline, and an afternoon in Positano as well. All the pics are here if you want to check them out.

All in all I think this was personally the best holiday I've had in years and years, and definitely the most relaxing. If you ever get a chance to visit this little town, I'd definitely recommend it.

Just to leave you with a taste of life there, the following is a video of some of the stuff that went on pretty much every day.