Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Google Analytics is Free

For anyone with a website or two, an analytics tool helps work out who sees your pages of ranting and raving, where they live and whether or not they ever click on any of the adverts on the page (no is the answer if you're wondering about this page).

Anyway, Google bought some company a while back I think (although I can't remember the name), so they've got their own tool, it's tied into their AdSense stuff (the text ads on this page), and it's free. It's actually pretty interesting to see how people get to your page - either directly, searching on random things that you happen to mention, or from the Blogger pages etc. You also get a nice pretty map of the world, telling you where everyone is when they checked out your site - Mr Kirkwood, I presume it's you in France ;-) Now if I can only work out who in Brazil would want to check out the site, I could sleep a little easier at night. One day, I might post the map just to see if you can see you're own little dot on there, so stay tuned.

Google Analytics