Thursday, August 17, 2006

New BMW M3 (E90)

Having recently purchased my very own M3 I'm much more interested in any news on the new version than I would otherwise have been.

Which brings me to the latest speculation from that series of tubes called the web, where someone is claiming to have the specs and prices for the E90 version of the M3, with it's V8 powered engine and unfortunately bangled body (I am biased towards the current one, given I've still a few more years left of payments).

So, details pan out t0 (and don't forget, this isn't guaranteed in the slightest) base price of $53,975, 412 HP V8 with 310 ft/lbs of torque, a carbon fibre roof and SMG included as a no charge option. Lots of options to increase the price (but no ZCP package, or CS to the UK boys and girls, yet - but remember, the current version was out for about 4 or 5 years before this came available this go around), and even the Power Rear Sunshades have gone up $100 to $350 this time around (the only time I've ever used mine has been when I've been showing people what I had to buy to get mine delivered without a 3 month wait). And this time it looks like you can get Sirius installed direct, but given my wife fixed mine up very nicely thank you very much (and I haven't listened to a single minute of anything else since it's been in the car), this isn't as exciting as it might have been.

Anyway, I'll only start to drool if and when the car is confirmed as the best drivers car this side of a 997 C4S, and even then, I still think it looks too fat, and will be too heavy to handle as sweetly as my baby.