Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Failed IT Project?

Not specific, and not even sure if it really does relate to the project that was hatched in the UK with a small helping hand in Denver, but Nixta was the one who pointed it out, so there's a small (or large, depending on his mood) chance it was. The particulary chilling line at the end certainly got my attention..

Our correspondent added that industry experts say it is inevitable some farmers will go bankrupt as a result.
Now will we get a confession from another responsible party? I can honestly claim that I only ever had a few informal conversations with the UK team when they were selling the project in the first place, and gave my blessing to the original project plan. I didn't actually do any real work on it. My conscience is clear.

BBC NEWS | UK | Mistakes 'cost UK farmers £22.5m'