Thursday, October 19, 2006

Neiman Marcus M6 - all gone after 92 seconds

Every year, just in time for Christmas, Neiman Marcus (one of the posh department stores over here in the states, and incidently, one place that actually sells Paul Smith shirts, so I have to stay away to prevent bankruptcy) pimps out a car with some special paint and features, whacks on a few extra grand, and sells them to the (rich) public.

This year is was the turn of the M6, with special black paint, piano black interior, and some special order leather from the BMW Individual line. They weren't cheap ($139k I think), but all 150 of them (or maybe a 100) sold in 92 seconds! Can you believe that. Do people wait around for these things to get announced, and hold off on an earlier purchase? My guess is no - they were all bought by people with lots of cash, who pretty much can buy whatever they want, when they want. Which reminds me, I need to check my lottery tickets from last night, to see if we can join that list....