Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Website Has Readers, Aaron Falls from Chair

So I randomly check out the Google Analytics site I mentioned a few weeks ago, just to make sure Mother is still logging on (and the few others who occasionally visit - thanks by the way). I thought something was a little on the screwy side with their initial graph display, as it looked like it had lost the entries for the last few days on number of visitors, but yesterday was still working. Looking harder, it turns out that the data for the other days was still merrily sitting there and being displayed, but the increase in visitors for yesterday was just vastly bigger (think instead of my normal 12 or 13 visitors, it looks like there was over 250!!). Hence the falling off the chair (sorry, no pics, I was alone at the time, and the bruise isn't going to be anywhere you want to look).

My usual confident self obviously decided that there was some mistake with the system, but after a little digging around, it turns out a nice person over at this site linked into one of my posts, and handily directed over the new viewers. I have no idea who this person is, but thanks anyway! I had no idea one link from one site could make so much difference.