Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A couple of updates

I finally got around to making a couple of updates to the site that I've been meaning to do for ages.

First up is the funky link preview stuff, care of snap.com - hover over a link on the page, and it should give you a preview of the site, so you can see what you're about to jump to before you make such a huge commitment. Let me know if you don't like this (or even if you do) - if I don't hear too many negatives, it's staying.

Couple of other more minor things - Mybloglog stuff is now integrated, so I can take a look at where people come from and go to (and you can see which users visited here over on the right, as well as a top 5 of the most popular outgoing links - hopefully anyway - have to wait until tomorrow to see if it works). Also, there's a world map to see where the visitors come from (probably only show Denver (wife) and England (mother) on there, but you never know - sometimes there may be an occasional stray wanders onto the page. Again, tomorrow is the day for this.

I also finally got around to correcting the little button to add the site feed to My (or in your case, your) Yahoo. This broke a couple of months ago (all my fault for moving stuff around), and now that the new Blogger is out of Beta, I get up to date atom and rss feeds automatically without any additional work.

That's about it I think - moved a couple of things around over on the right, but nothing major, and obviously no commitment to increase the number of posts here, but you never know, I might go through one of my massive typing phases with the holidays (and subsequent reduction in work schedule).

Oh, and one more thing - for some unknown reason, there's been 9 visitors (or maybe just 1, 9 times) from the Smallworldwide network over in Cambridge). I'm not even sure who still works over there these days (rumor of a Mr Dalziel back there was mentioned, but nothing confirmed), so, if you're looking here from there, leave a comment and let me know who you are. I managed to lose touch with everyone back there (apart from Mr Batty and a couple of others) over the course of my USA assimilation.