Monday, January 15, 2007

Tivo Coming to Comcast (very very soon)

Apparently, anyway. If it doesn't, it's not my fault. At this point anything to supercede the crap that is allegedly called a user interface on my Comcast branded Motorola DVR, which decided to freeze for about 5 minutes, storing all of my frantic button presses to be ran through in the following 30 seconds, resulting in the end of Law and Order: SVU vanishing in a flurry of super fast forwarding motion and me running round the house swearing at the top of my voice. (Luckily the real Tivo downstairs did it's stuff, so we didn't miss it completely).

Oh year, Gizmodo reckons the Tivo interface might be free. Now that's the first time that will have happened in my years of Comcast experience....

Did I mention I love Tivo (unless you're trying to sign up for a 3 year plan for the father in law when he still has a year left on his one year gift subscription - apparently this throws the billing system into such confusion that the people on the other end of the line actually reject your offer of payment, and tell you to call back next week, when the subscription has ran out - now there's customer service for you).

Labels: ,