Thursday, May 10, 2007

Jonny Decker Has a MySpace Profile!

OK, unless you lived in Shields as a kid growing up (or I guess later on in your life), this post is completely meaningless, so just stop reading now.

Anyway, I screwed up my back again a couple of weeks ago, which meant I spent the immediate 3 days afterwards flat on my back on the couch or bed. This obviously is great for the first 10 minutes when you realize that's all you've wanted to do for the last few weeks of total hectic life, and then you get bored.

So, I did the MySpace thing coz I hadn't ever created a profile, and despite the awful user interface, me being too old, and realizing that I couldn't write html to save my life, I've been checking it out every couple of days. I somehow ended up traversing a few people from Shields, ended up on the John Spence page, and from there, the classic Jonny Decker page. Like I said, if you didn't grow up in Shields, you should have stopped reading ages ago, but if you didn't, Jonny was local celebrity bloke who hung around bumming tabs off everyone. He had this weird ability to be pretty much everywhere you ever went, never seemed like he caused any bother (not much, anyway, at least by Shields standards - put him in Denver and it might be a bit different), and actually brought a big smile to my face when I realized he had a page. I'm not technically sure if he somehow found a computer, or if someone else has created it in his honour, but I'm glad it's there. Makes me a bit homesick in a way, but guess I'll have to wait until Christmas to get over that one.

Giz a tab man.......

Labels: , , ,