Thursday, May 24, 2007

Random Quotes

So, I've been on a bit of a social networking blast lately (which I think of as some sort of weird experiment to see where most/any of my friends are, and I'll try and summarize at some point in the future). And I didn't actually Facebook anyone's "mom" by the way - it's just a pic.

So, today was Facebook day - absolutely shocking on the number of people I know on there (thanks Bex!), but given it started off doing schools and colleges in the USA, I'm at a slight disadvantage I think. Anyway, it did turn up a "Newcastle" network, with about 100 people from Shields, and way more from Whitley Bay (not sure how that works - if someone wants to explain it, feel free), and then looking at a couple of peoples profiles, I came across the following quotes, which I thought were worth a post (but I have had a couple of drinks, so apologies if you're bored with them).

"If alcohol kills millions of brain cells, then why does it never kill the ones that make me want to drink?"

"God kissed Britain on its coast and the result was Whitley Bay" (Even though I'm biased, I still don't quite agree completely with this.....)

"It's better to have syphilis than be a Leeds United fan..."

Labels: , ,