Friday, June 08, 2007

Random iPhone Request

I'm a big fan of Last.fm, even before it got bought for billiosn of dollars (well, a lot anyway). It's good for the tech industry in the UK to show that they can live with the Silicon Valley boys, and hopefully will need to more of the same coming from England.

Anyway, the only thing that gives me a hard time about the app is that I'm currently running low on disk space on my work computer (I'm holding out for a little while until the "can we move to Mac's question is answered before I put in my request for a new one"), so I'm pretty low on music on that. Which means I carry around my super duper 8gig nano, and listen to that in the office when I'm not on the necessary evil of back to back conference calls. All my iPods (all 2 of them ;-) synch up to the Mac at home, which means they don't connect to my PC for running through iTunes on the laptop. And here is my problem, my Last.fm account doesn't update. I have a scrobbler at home that picks up what I played on my iPod when I redock it, and ships it up to the site then, but given the battery life on the new iPod compared to my 4 or 5 year old one I was previously using, I don't really need to dock it much.

So, this means my current (and only from what I can remember) request for functionality for the new iPhone is to have the ability to use Last.fm, automatically send up the tracks played. There, not hard (or it shouldn't be anyway). It would make me happy (which is obviously an easy thing).

Labels: ,