Monday, July 23, 2007

Man vs Wild Fake?

So there's a report in The Times that everything isn't quite as it seems for Bear Grylls and his Man vs Wild adventures.

Reports of cushy hotel rooms and people helping him build stuff have appeared, and now Channel 4 are doing their own investigation.

To be honest, I'm not really sure I care - I saw him swim over an alligator infested river, jump down a waterfall, eat a live fish and then bite the head off a snake before eating the non-head end. If every now and again a couple of guys help him put some stuff together, or he needs a night in a hotel, so be it. And what a name (although I would have hated my parents if they had given me a name like that - anything out of the ordinary used to get you a decent kicking in Shields growing up, so Bear Grylls would have been a shocker - maybe that's how he ended up so tough.....)

Labels: