Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hobbies

The last few years have been a little on the hectic side - the wedding planning and the getting a new company set up and profitable etc, so the hobby thing has largely been replaced with grabbing as much sleep and relaxation as possible.

So, I decided I needed to start trying to do something outside of work and lying on the couch, and given I'm completely obsessed with cars (and I get to spend pretty much every day on a computer), the choice seemed natural.

So, I joined the BMW Car Club, and signed myself up for a driving school in a couple of weeks. There's a precursor to this tomorrow, where I get to hang out doing slaloms and emergency braking, along with some fun time on the skid pad. I also need to do a little shopping today, as apparently I need a helmet - the last helmet I bought was a BMX one when I was about 14, so I hope they give me plenty help as I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I might get to post some pics of the events up here if I stop shaking enough to click the camera, so stay tuned. (and I've started saving for the new tires already - I know they're going to be needed pretty soon)