Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Brembo to supply BMW Brakes?

One of the most common faults levelled at M cars from BMW are that their brakes don't always live up to the performance of the rest of the cars.

I'm not sure I'm really qualified to comment on whether or not this is true, but some of the sources I trust when it comes to cars (Evo mainly) are convinced, and that's good enough for me. The only experience I have is the burning smell during my track day, and the incredibly loud squealing I ended the day with after my final super-fast (in my head anyway) session when I was really pushing it, but I never lost stopping power (although we were doing 20 minute sessions).

Anyway, it seems BMW have decided to follow a number of other high performance car manufacturers, and hook up with Brembo, the maker of some of the best brakes in the world. No complaints from me on this - I had them on the STi, and if I was ever going to retrofit a big brake kit to a car, they'd be my first choice. And of course, they look soo pretty....

Labels: ,