Sunday, February 10, 2008

Modular Phone - The Answer to all of our Prayers?

Sometimes phone carriers in the US just don't get what people really need (or they do, but they want some extra cash so ignore people) - a phone that works is obviously the number one thing, and then for me personally, I want to be able to have a couple of different phones for different things. Completely lost without email access on the road, I couldn't give up the full keyboard BlackJack II I now carry around, but when it comes to the weekend, and going out on the lash, I really would just like a little phone that slips inconspicuously in my pocket. I used to have a setup like that, with a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone for the weekends, but that gave up the ghost when I was back in England for Christmas.

So, the fact that a company is bringing out a modular phone (called modu), with a core piece nice and tiny that makes the calls, and then being able to bolt on different bits as needed, sounds pretty cool. Normally you'd just blow something off like this, but the guy who runs this company invented the usb memory stick, and sold his last company for almost $2 billion - which means he's probably quite smart, and has lots of money. So, here's hoping - DVICE sum up all the reviews so far if you want to check it out.

Labels: , ,