Friday, May 02, 2008

Sometimes

The smallest things are the most frustrating. Our humidifier (of the super silent kind) decided not to work at the start of the week, so Heidi went out to get a new one. Last night was the first night of use, and of course, the new one isn't quite as super-silent as the last. Cue 4am, wide awake, gurgling noises and one pissed off person. Still, getting into the office at 6 should help me actually get some work done today, given I feel like I've sat in meetings for the last 72 hours straight.

This weekend might be a little interesting - Heidi's brother invited us to some event where they tell you how to be millionaires or something. I'm actually pretty interested to see what these things are like, and if there's anything that's relatable to the world I live in, and what their target market is etc. The schedule says 9am until 11pm, and to come well rested, but unless I go out shopping for a new humidifier, that isn't happening. I wonder if they'll kick me out if I have a quick 40 winks at the back. Anyway, I'll stick it out for as long as I can - Brent says they're "fun" events, rather than just listening to people speak all day, so I have no idea what that could entail. At least it's downtown in the Convention Center, so technically I'm only a brief stroll away from Fado's if things turn ugly. Wish me luck.

Labels: