Sunday, May 04, 2008

Using Xobni

I finally got my beta invite to Xobni last week (it's inbox backwards if you're trying to work out how they came up with the name), which coincided with news.rumor that they had walked away from a deal with Microsoft to be bought.

I have to say, I've been very impressed with the product. You need to make sure that you have a decent box to run it on, as it does take up a little more memory than you're usual outlook footprint, but I've somehow managed to become totally reliant on it within a week. Instant search is actually instant, and seeing where people are ranked in your emails (Tonks is number 1, which is probably no surprise to anyone at the office) was kinda fun. If you get a chance, I'd definitely try it out.

Update: - Seems like this is getting a decent amount of press, and CNET has some of the (possible) reasons behind the company walking away from a MSFT deal - it's the platform, stupid...

Labels: ,