Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The book that saved my life

Well, not literally, but maybe saved my sanity. The last 6 months has kind of been a blur, with loads of different things going, both at work and home (especially work), as I tried to get used to the new job title, still keeping up with the old job(s), and generally trying to make some progress. Somedays it just felt like there was way too much going on.

This last couple of weeks things got pretty stressful, so by a complete fluke, Getting Things Done was the next book on my reading list. Combined with new found passion for reading, based solely on having my fantastic and shiny new Kindle in hand, I've pulled a couple of things into my daily schedule that mean I'm keeping up with everything going on a lot better. I still haven't finished the whole thing, and still have plenty of work to do before I'm following all of the steps, but I'm getting there, and this week has definitely been a lot better than 2 weeks ago. Progress is a wonderful thing.

Labels: ,