Friday, July 25, 2008

Todays the day

Not only is it my fantastic wifes birthday, but it's the end of an era for a Tyneside legend. Known as "The Boat", the Tuxedo Princess has been a bit of a fixture on the banks of the Tyne since I got to drinking age, and it's rotating dance floor was the cause of many a slippage/spillage/spewage over the course of time.

I'm trying to remember the last time I went out on it - has to be a good few years ago now, but I do remember it being a popular Monday night spot when I was at Uni, with triples for 1.99.

Anyway, as long as they get the necessary clearance that it won't sink as it sails off into the distance, it'll be gone on Sunday to make way for a nice new office building (not sure quite how that works - is the office building floating?). If you see it, give it a wave from me...

BBC NEWS | England | Tyne | Tyne called on floating nightclub