Saturday, November 15, 2008

Back Home

So after a very uneventful flight back (the kind you really want, trust me), I got to hang out with the family, and catch up with Ella on all the latest happenings with Peppa Pig, her new bike and her ability to talk non-stop using only the question "why?".

My trawl through the consumption list has began, and after 2 days here, the fish & chips with mushy peas (bought from a chip shop where you can actually see the sea), steak pie and chips, and bangers & mash can all be crossed off the list. Curry is booked for next Friday night, so I'm ahead of the game.

I somehow managed to sleep for nearly 14 hours straight when I arrived, something that hasn't happened for a very long time. Judging by the waking up at 7 this morning, it was a one off, but at least it meant I had time to get some photos loaded up.

Plans for the weekend involve seeing my (probably) only live Newcastle match of the season this afternoon, and then an early night in preparation for a big day tomorrow. The boys (two brothers, Dad and me) are heading down to the NEC in Birmingham to see Jeremy Clarkson and the rest of the guys in Top Gear Live, and hopefully take some photos of the super fast and fancy cars in the car show that's there as well. If everything goes to plan, we'll be able to get down and back in time to see Top Gear on TV tomorrow night, so double the fun.