Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Audi R8 V10 (Officially now)

So I've been meaning to post this for ages, and finally got round to it when I got an email from R8 lover extraordinaire Lesley about sorting out the Lotus Driving School thing we're looking to do next year.

Audi finally announced the much rumored V10 version of it's flagship go-fast and gorgeous car, the R8, with the official figures coming out at 525 bhp and 390 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 is 3.9 seconds, and it'll (somewhere) go 196mph. That seems fast enough to me, and along with the subtle changes to the outside, it's right back up there on my list of cars to own when/if I win the lottery. Pricing in the US hasn't been announced (but in the UK it's about 30k pounds higher than the regular V8, so I'm guessing about $160k over here).....

And yes, it's officially pretty enough to get two pics on here - there's more here and here.

Labels: , , , ,